Michael J. Khouri
Michael Khouri is a member of both the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of California. He has been practicing law across the United States for the last 30 years.
Mr. Khouri started his career as a Deputy District Attorney in Orange County. He routinely practiced before the trial and appellate courts when he was a prosecutor. He also focused on the legality of police conduct in major investigations. In this regard, Mr. Khouri argued the Case of People v. Bravo (1987) 43 Cal.3d 600 before the California Supreme Court and represented the state wide association of prosecutors. The Bravo case established a new standard for the search of repeat narcotics offenders.
Once in private practice, Mr. Khouri began to develop a specialty representing healthcare providers in criminal cases such as medical billing fraud, narcotics cases, and sexual assault on patients, including rape. He is skilled in negotiating with the labyrinth of government regulators associated with auditing and investigating for Medicare and Medicaid. He understands the medical billing process and medical billing terminology. You will not be wasting valuable time explaining how things work because Michael has been working with the Medical Billing process for over two decades.
Mr. Khouri is a member of the State Bar of Texas which allows him to practice in all Texas state courts. He is also a member of the bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas based in Dallas and encompassing all of northern Texas; as well as a member of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas which includes the cities of Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso.
To learn more about Mike Khouri's accolades, please click here.
- Prevented indictment of prominent physician caught up in alleged fraudulent charity.
- Obtained probation for prominent software engineer who caused death of cyclist while driving.
- Saved license of chiropractor accused by multiple patients of sexual assault.
- Saved prominent orthopedic group hundreds of thousands of dollars by advising how to structure adjunct physical therapy practice to comply with auditors demands.
- Obtained dismissal of Indictment for prominent podiatrist by discovering and exposing fraudulent billing company.
Apex Energetics Corp., Chemique Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Costa Mesa Compounding Pharmacy, NCMIC Insurance Co., Podiatry Insurance Co. of America, Professional Solutions Ins. Co., Physicians Compliance Liability Ins. Co. and countless individual healthcare providers and other professionals consisting of Medical Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Podiatrists, Chiropractors, Pharmacists, DME Companies, Lawyers, Real Estate Salespersons and Brokers and Accountants.
An interview with Michael Khouri on the Business and Technology Report featuring "America's Best Lawyers" as presented on the Forbes Business Channel produced by Sky Radio Network.
Mr. Khouri has lectured before the state podiatric associations of Washington, California, Ohio, Michigan and New York on Medicare issues.
- Loyola Marymount University, 1978
- Loyola Law School of Los Angeles., 1981
- National claims counsel to Physicians Compliance Liability Insurance Company
- Indigent defense panel in the U.S. District Court-Central District of California
- California State Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Bar of the United States Supreme Court
- Bars of U.S. District Courts Southern, Central, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court of the Western District of Texas
- On various occasions, Mr. Khouri has been admitted to practice in the federal courts of Washington, Ohio, Arizona, & Nevada.